Monday, May 30, 2011

Some Gave All...

Happy Memorial Day! It is amazingly windy today, I hope the weather is wonderful where you are. So many people take today to get together with family and friends and grill out! It is after all a day off work. I, on the other hand, have every day "off", or maybe more appropriately, I never get a day off. I guess it's all in the perspective of how you view a stay at home mother. I spent the day playing with the kids, enjoying every minute, however in the back of my head I was cursing the Dr, library and diaper service for not being there today when I needed to call (I'm one of those "I have to address issues immediately or they pile up on the back burner" type people). Part of the day I spent attempting to do homework and fielding phone calls for organizational components of a massive healing energy operation we have going on for a friend of mine. And the last part of the day was spent at my sisters house for an impromptu taco night. Let's just say there was no rest for me this Memorial Day, and I'm fine with that.

My husband has been in the military for ten years now. We are on his second deployment and I miss him greatly. He did not get the day off either, nor did any of the thousands of troops overseas defending our freedoms. It is because of his sacrifice I was given the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. Because of his sacrifice I am able to take a year and earn my Masters degree. It is because of his sacrifice that I love him more and more every day. For him to give up the freedom of days off, the freedom to be with his family daily, the freedom to grill in his backyard with family and friends; he has given all of this up for his country and all of the people in it. My husband does an amazing job and I love him beyond words. This Memorial Day I celebrated the many freedoms I have that my husband made possible. Not just my husband, but every soldier out there past and present.

Thank you for your service. It is greatly appreciated!
~Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment