Sunday, May 29, 2011

Healing With Prayer Shawls

Tonight I will be joining efforts with a friend of mine to create prayer shawls for a mutual friend of ours who has been diagnosed with cancer. We will be creating two beautiful shawls from the book The Prayer Shawl Ministry: Reaching Those in Need which tells the story of the Prayer Shawl Ministry from Grace Presbyterian Church in Arkansas.

There are a few things that I like to do when I create shawls and blankets for others.

1. I always say a prayer before I begin. This is sometimes done with a lit candle, sometimes it is not, depends on the situation, time, etc.

2. I cannot work on the shawl if I feel any negativity at all. While working on it is peaceful and puts me in a better mood, I do not want to risk putting any of that negativity into the work. Therefore, a positive demeanor is essential.

3. I like to meditate on the purpose of the shawl and who it is for, sometimes doing a chant quietly to myself while creating.

4. Colors are important in the creation process. I try to match a color that is right for the individual and the purpose.

Those are the main points I follow. It is important for me to focus on the person who will receive the shawl and put as many positive energies into the shawl as possible. I look forward to working on the shawls tonight. I am hopeful that we are able to create them quickly so they may be used as soon as possible.

Brightest Blessings!
~Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment