Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcoming Spring With Open Arms

It has been a long winter and the first of spring couldn't come fast enough for me. Don't get me wrong, I love winter for what it is and the life it supports, but I'm happy to get back to weather where I don't have to layer my children in clothing until they can no longer bend at the elbows and knees, and where I don't have to give myself a pep talk just to take the trash out or get the mail...yes, it gets bitterly cold here!

I was out of town visiting family yesterday so I missed the actual equinox which occurred yesterday evening, so I'll do a bit of celebrating today. Tonight I will be welcoming spring back with a few pastel colored candles and a bit of Spring meditation. I think I'll take myself into an open meadow of tall, soft grasses with a multitude of fragrant flower randomly scattered among the scene. I know I'll find a a little creek, clear water and smooth stones of varying sizes giving the water flow a natural beauty and personality. I'll find a little clearing and have a conversation with my spirit guide. I need to find a bit of balance in my life, now would be a great time for that conversation.

Welcome Spring! I am enjoying your return and thinking of Persephone. Lighting a candle in her honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment