Sunday, April 3, 2011

Reclaiming the Positive

I am in dire need of a positivity makeover! My normally sunny disposition has been overrun with rainclouds and an occasional tornado. Yep, destruction has been in my wake, and that's not really a good sign since the majority of the people I associate with anymore are those who are closest to me.

This week in class we've been discussing prosocial behavior and aggression, two opposites, but they have a lot to do with each other. Just through the readings and discussions I've felt a strong pull toward getting my positive life back. I found the website Random Acts of Kindness Foundation to be extremely helpful in guiding my focus back to where it needs to be. I'm going to make a challenge for myself to really start focusing on the kindness of others as well as my own kind acts to help bring me back into a better state of mind. Part of that challenge will be to blog at least once a week about my experiences. I'm going to set this goal for one month, and extend and/or adjust from there.

I really want to get my life back together, and an important part of that has been my positive, optimistic attitude. I miss it, and I'm eager to help it find it's way back to me through a record of altruistic acts.

Stay positive everyone!
~Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment